Still cannot use print driver in New v2.0.5

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
johnUSA

Still cannot use print driver in New v2.0.5

Post by johnUSA » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm

As with previous PlexiPDF versions I still cannot save any file as a PDF by using the print driver in this just released 2.0.5 version.
After selecting FlexiPDF printer from my printers drop-down menu and clicking on the "Print" button absolutely nothing happens.
I should see a new window pop up where I will be able to type the new PDF file name so it will be saved.
So disappointed that this issue still lingers on even with today's newly released 2.0.5 version.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Still cannot use print driver in New v2.0.5

Post by miguel-c » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi John, unfortunately you are the only user affected by this. The fix worked to all other users who had this problem:
https://www.softmaker.com/en/tips-flexipdf
Capture.PNG
In a future version we will implement a procedure to check if printdisp has been disabled on the system.

retred07

Post by retred07 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 am

No, johnUSA is not the only user affected. ...and FYI, when I check "Task Manager" for "PrintDisp", my system's Task Manager already says it is "Enabled" (not "Activated" as your instructions indicate). Yet, every time I try to print a .pdf file using flexiPDF, I get these strange-looking popup boxes on my display that overlie all other content. They won't print and they won't 'erase' unless I 'order' Task Manager to "End Task" of the App "SaveTo (32 bit)" which appears in the listing while these mystery boxes are displaying on my main screen monitor display.
Attachments
these little boxes burned into my display that won.t go away...why.jpg
Note the mini-box beginning "Document"...
SaveTo 32 bit controls mystery box of flexipdf.jpg
1=mystery box;2=mystery App;3="End task" command which destroys mystery boxes...?

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:25 am

Hi, Retred07 please try the following procedure:

1. Uninstall FlexiPDF 2019
2. Make sure that the folders c:\Program Files (x86)\SoftMaker\FlexiPDF 2017 and c:\Program Files (x86)\SoftMaker\FlexiPDF 2019 are removed.
3. Reboot
4. Download ccleaner and install it at https://www.ccleaner.com/en-us/ccleaner/download
5. Run the Registry Cleaner from ccleaner (if ccleaner asks, accept start the registry backup).
6. After completing the cleaning, please reinstall FlexiPDF 2019.

-----------------------------------------------------
If the method above doesn't work, please try the following:
-----------------------------------------------------

1. Uninstall all versions of Flexipdf (also PDF Pro or Infix if you ever installed them. They all use the ActMast virtual printer)
2. Reboot
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit.exe)
3. Search and DELETE for:
flexipdf
actmask
PDF Pro (if you ever installed it)
Infix (if you ever installed it)
The best way to do this step is to press F3 to repeat the search and press the delete key when it finds results and enter. Then press F3 again, delete , enter, etc...
At the end do search again, because you might have missed some.
4. Go to c:\ and search for actmask and flexipdf files and folders. Delete them.
Preferably use a software such as https://www.mythicsoft.com/filelocatorlite/download/ which finds hidden files and folders
5. Delete the following files:
C:\Windows\System32\printctrl.exe
C:\Windows\System32\printdisp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\prtclient.exe
C:\Windows\System32\prtpass.exe
C:\Windows\System32\setprinter.exe
6. Delete the contents of the Windows TEMP folder (type %temp% in Windows file explorer)
7. Reboot Windows
8. Install Flexipdf 2019 again
9.Test printing: It probably prints.
10. Reboot again
11. Test printing: It prints again? Problem solved.
12. If not, run C:\Windows\System32\printdisp.exe and try to print again. If it works go to the task manager and enable it on StartUp and reboot.
13. If it still doesn't work, press Win+R and type msconfig.exe and Enter.
14. Then see if the service Printer Control is running. If not, enable it and activate it. Try to print again.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”