"Bates Numbering..." ignoring selected font size

ChalkyW64

"Bates Numbering..." ignoring selected font size

Post by ChalkyW64 »

In version 2.1.0 of FlexiPDF I am trying to add formatted page numbers via the "Bates Numbering..." menu:

1. I add my file
2. I specify an output folder
3. I add [PAGENUM] for the footer centre field
4. I click the link next to "Font and Colour:"
5. I change the values from their default ("Arial, 12.0 pts") to "Times New Roman, 6.0 pts"
6. I click OK

A new PDF is created with page numbers in the centre of the footer with a typeface of "Times New Roman, 12.0 pts".

I'm assuming this is a bug as no matter which typeface/size I specify, the typeface is applied in the new pdf but the font size is always "12.0".
ChalkyW64

Re: "Bates Numbering..." ignoring selected font size

Post by ChalkyW64 »

One of the main reasons I bought FlexiPDF 2019 was for its merging and page numbering functionality, so I really need a fix (or workaround) for this asap.

Other than via this forum, can someone please advise me how I can bring this issue to the attention of the development team?
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

I managed to raise a support ticket with SoftMaker and have just received confirmation from them that this is a reproducible bug which has now been reported to the developers.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

Could someone from SoftMaker please advise when a fix for the numbering issue(s) will be available? It is 6 weeks since the 'Bates' bug was acknowledged and until it is resolved I cannot use the software for the purpose I bought it for.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we don't have any update on this problem till now. Whenever I will get any information from our developers team, I will update you here.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

FlexiPDF updated itself to v2.1.0 recently, but sadly the numbering font-size issue persists.

Do we have an ETA yet for a fix?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

No ETA yet for the fix. I've raised the priority on this issue.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

It is now 7 weeks on from the last post - and 6 months since the bug was acknowledged. Since no fix has been forthcoming during that time I can only assume one will never be released for v2019.

Could someone from SoftMaker please advise as to whether taking up repeated email invites to 'upgrade' my license to FlexiPDF 2022 will result in my having a version of the program without this bug? Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your time and patience. Yes, our developer team is trying best to fix this problem in upcoming service packs of FlexiPDF 2022.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:56 pm Thanks for your time and patience. Yes, our developer team is trying best to fix this problem in upcoming service packs of FlexiPDF 2022.
But we are discussing FlexiPDF 2019. Will this bug be fixed in an update/patch for FlexiPDF 2019?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

There won't be any more service packs for FlexiPDF 2019, except for security issues.

If you are affected by this problem, you should contact our sales team to work out a solution.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Hmmm ...
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

The bug has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next service pack. ​Thank you for reporting it!
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

Thank you for fixing it.

Unfortunately, taking over 8 months to do so and the fact that no further service packs are to be released for FlexiPDF 2019 means that I would now need to pay for a FlexiPDF 2022 upgrade in order to get it.

[edit] SoftMaker have unexpectedly resolved my FlexiPDF 2019 issue - as per my post below...
Last edited by ChalkyW64 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your time and patience. Yes, some problems takes longer depending on complexity etc.

Please contact our sales team for the best solution at sales[at]softmaker.de.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”