Page extraction

oblivion

Page extraction

Post by oblivion »

So one of the things I use FlexiPDF for is an occasional mailmerge run. I use a Textmaker mailmerge to print to FlexiPDF then extract each of the individual merge documents to an individual document so I can email it.

Each individual document is two pages. So I tell FP that I want to extract pages 1-2; it gives me a file dialog pointed at my temp folder (where the print job lives at creation time) so I need to navigate to the place I actually want to save the document and name it according to its eventual recipient.

The extract to dialog defaults to "all files" not PDF. That seems wrong.

I then delete pages 1-2 and go round the routine again.

FP doesn't remember the last folder I extracted a file to, so I have to renavigate. It doesn't remember that I'm extracting to PDF file format, even though no other option is available or even appropriate.

So the short question is: can the extract to be made to default to the last output folder and the filetype default to PDF, please?

The longer and more complex question: how about some sort of scripting facility so I could automate the extraction and deletion of groups of pages created by a mailmerge database and perhaps use data in that database to set the output filename? :)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Page extraction

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting these problems and suggestions. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developers team.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Page extraction

Post by miguel-c »

The bug has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next FlexiPDF 2022 update that we'll be releasing in the next few days.
​Thank you for reporting it!

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”