Redacting images

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
risc

Redacting images

Post by risc »

I have looked up the process for redacting images but the link in the manual does not seem to work. It does not go to a page with instructions. Can an image actually be redacted in FlexiPDF? If so, how is it done?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Redacting images

Post by Jossi »

There are a few functions to edit images in FlexiPDF itself, available via the "Object" menu, but for full-scale imge editing you need an external graphics app. Just select the image when the Object tool is active and go to Object > Image > Edit... for your standard image editor or Object > Image > Edit with... to choose an image editor.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Redacting is different from editing, and the user manual says there is a separate tool for redacting portions of images. If that doesn't work, it needs to be addressed.

The above response from Jossi, unfortunately, failed to address the problem.

Mr. risc, you are using the on-line Help version of the user manual. You are correct -- when you select "Redact Images" from the navigation pane on the left, it takes to to a page with a non-functional link. If you download the user manual as a PDF, you can find the instructions for redacting images in the document. I have read the instructions, but I haven't tested them.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Redacting images :
*Available in FlexiPDF Professional, FlexiPDF NX Universal

FlexiPDF can permanently redact images, removing sections that needs to be obscured and making it impossible to retrieve the original data while leaving the remainder of the image intact.

1. Ensure the Redact toolbar is visible (View > Toolbars > Redact).
Redacing.JPG
Redacing.JPG (9.37 KiB) Viewed 102 times
2. Select Redact Image and drag out a rectangular area to be redacted. Once drawn, the Object tool becomes selected.
3. You can move, resize and rotate the rectangular area just like any other graphic object.
4. Continue adding further redaction areas in the same way to images in your document.
5. The redaction only becomes permanent when the PDF is saved.

Notes
• The redaction becomes permanent only after the document is saved.
• FlexiPDF modifies the data of images covered by redaction rectangles, permanently obscuring those parts of the image.
risc

Post by risc »

Thank you Woody44 and SuperTech. I didn't realize their was a PDF version of the manual, but I have now found it - and the instructions provided by SuperTech work just fine. Thanks again. I appreciate the guidance.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”