Page numbering problem

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
Woody44

Page numbering problem

Post by Woody44 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 am

FlexiPDF 19 -- I'm encountering a problem putting page numbers into footers.

I'm preparing a book for publishing through Amazon KDP. They work from a PDF, so I have converted my manuscript into a PDF file. This is a non-fiction book that will incorporate some multi-page external documents, which are also in .PDF format. So I did not include the page numbers in a footer in the word processing document -- I planned to insert the external PDFs into the master file, and then add footers with the page numbers.

Following best practice for printed books, I have all chapters beginning on right-hand (odd-numbered) pages. That means if a preceding chapter ends on an odd-numbered page, there will be a blank even numbered page before the start of the next chapter. Those blank pages should be blank -- no headers or footers. This means I can't just insert the entire book as the page range, I have to add the footer for each chapter individually so I can skip the blank pages. And that means when I start numbering the next chapter, I need to be able to set the starting number for the page range.

The user manual for FlexiPDF says I should be able to do this, but I can't do it. According to the user manual, when I'm in the header and footer dialogue box, there should be an "Options" link under the "Page Number" box where I can set the starting number. I don't have that link. Here's what mine looks like:
Attachments
FlexiPDF_Screenshot.jpg

Woody44

Re: Page numbering problem

Post by Woody44 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:39 am

Update:

I opened FlexiPDF 2019 on my tablet, and that copy correctly shows the options for configuring things like page numbering. The version on the desktop computer is 2.1.0. The version on the tablet is 2.0.5 -- so something changed with the update to 2.1.0.

However, when with the options available, they didn't function properly. I worked on a 6-page test document. I needed to start numbering on the 4th page, and it was supposed to start at #38 and be formatted in Caslon Pro 9-point type. Instead, it brought in the footer with page 38 showing up as page 42, the type was set at 12-point, and it's blue rather than black.

Woody44

Re: Page numbering problem

Post by Woody44 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 pm

I still need a solution to this problem. Is anyone monitoring this forum?

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”