Create new, BLANK text box?

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
Woody44

Create new, BLANK text box?

Post by Woody44 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:11 am

I have an existing, multi-page PDF whose text includes the tail end of one article on the first page. The article I want to present begins about halfway down the page. I would like to create a new, blank text box to cover up the text of the irrelevant article, and insert a formatted title that will appear above the start of the article I want people to read.

In Acrobat 9, I could create a new text box that was opaque and which covered up the old text and allowed me to insert my new title text and to format it. In FlexiPDF, when I select the 'T" text tool and then click and drag to create a text box covering the text I want to hide, I don't get a blank text box. FlexiPDF seems to think I want to edit the existing text, and it pops up an error message telling me the text is a scanned image and that it may not be possible to edit it.

So that's not really creating a new test box, that's just selecting a portion of the page for editing. Is it possible in FlexiPDF to create a NEW, opaque text bow that will hide part of an existing page and allow me to type in new text?

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Create new, BLANK text box?

Post by Jossi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:04 pm

New text boxes in FlexiPDF are per default transparent. Create a new text box with the Text plus tool (T+), then activate the Object tool, right-click the text box, go to Text box > Background colour in the context menu and change "None" to "White".

Woody44

Re: Create new, BLANK text box?

Post by Woody44 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 am

Perfect.

MANY thanks.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”