FlexiPDF don't open (windows)

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
VGER

FlexiPDF don't open (windows)

Post by VGER » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 am

Hi, just bought the FlexiPDF 2019 Pro, but after I installed it, just won't open. Every time I try it, it starts a new background process but doesn't open. I already tried uninstalling and installing many times and still not working...

I tried the FreePDf and does the same. I have no idea how to make works, can anyone help me? For now, I am using Xournal++ but it's not the same at all.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: FlexiPDF don't open (windows)

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Please try to install https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
If it still doesn't work, please install all pending Windows updates.

jharre

Post by jharre » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:27 pm

I have a similar problem. After moving everything to a new computer using LapLink's PCMover, FlexiPDF 2019 Pro would not open. SoftMaker Office 2021 works just fine, but not FlexiPDF.

I've uninstalled, deleted all traces I could find, rebooted, downloaded a fresh copy, and downloaded the above file, rebooted again, but FlexiPDF won't run. The program has been re-installed several times.

Currently, upon launch it is visible in the task bar and shows up in the task manager, but no working window appears on the desktop.

What else can we try?

Jim

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 pm

You may try one of the following procedures:

-------------
Cleaning procedure:
--------------
1. Uninstall all versions of Flexipdf
2. Reboot
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit.exe)
3. Search and DELETE for:
flexipdf
actmask
The best way to do this step is to press F3 to repeat the search and press the delete key when it finds results and enter. Then press F3 again, delete , enter, etc...
At the end do search again, because you might have missed some.
4. Go to c:\ and search for actmask and flexipdf files and folders. Delete them.
Preferably use a software such as https://www.mythicsoft.com/filelocatorlite/download/ which finds hidden files and folders
5. Delete the contents of the Windows TEMP folder (type %temp% in Windows file explorer)
6. Reboot Windows
7. Install Flexipdf 2019 again

--------------
Super cleaning
-------------

Hi John,
I know you mentioned you're not going to investigate this any further. However if you change your mind I leave you will the following procedure below. This might also be helpful to anyone who experiences the same situation as you:

1. Uninstall all versions of Flexipdf (also PDF Pro or Infix if you ever installed them. They all use the ActMast virtual printer)
2. Reboot
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit.exe)
3. Search and DELETE for:
flexipdf
actmask
PDF Pro (if you ever installed it)
Infix (if you ever installed it)
The best way to do this step is to press F3 to repeat the search and press the delete key when it finds results and enter. Then press F3 again, delete , enter, etc...
At the end do search again, because you might have missed some.
4. Go to c:\ and search for actmask and flexipdf files and folders. Delete them.
Preferably use a software such as https://www.mythicsoft.com/filelocatorlite/download/ which finds hidden files and folders
5. Delete the following files:
C:\Windows\System32\printctrl.exe
C:\Windows\System32\printdisp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\prtclient.exe
C:\Windows\System32\prtpass.exe
C:\Windows\System32\setprinter.exe
6. Delete the contents of the Microsoft Windows TEMP folder (type %temp% in Windows file explorer)
7. Reboot windows
8. Install Flexipdf 2019 again

jharre

Post by jharre » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Miguel-c:

Thanks for that. The regular "cleaning procedure" worked for me. My FlexiPDF 2019 Pro is up and running again.

It would be nice if SoftMaker had an automated tool for some of that. I really dislike messing around with the registry keys.

Jim

VGER

Post by VGER » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi Miguel,

Just followed all the steps for the cleaning procedure, although it still not working...

What else can I try?

satdja

Post by satdja » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:14 pm

Good evening.

Having needed to use Flexipdf2019 for the first time since the Windows 10 PRO Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746) update was applied, I have also been unable to open Flexipdf2019 using Windows 10.

I have followed the cleaning guidance above, rebooted, and re-installed from a clean copy downloaded from the Softmaker website this evening but the programme will still not load. In Administrator mode, the outline of the programme appears but after a second disappears.

There are now several users experiencing this problem and until resolved the programme cannot be used.

I would be grateful if an explanation could be given as to what has changed and how it can be resolved - preferably without having to edit the registry, which did not work for me in any case.

Regards

satdja

Post by satdja » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:22 am

I am still not able to run Flexipdf 2019 in the latest Windows 10 Version 20H2.

I have had to re-install Flexipdf 2017, which at least does work.

Is there any solution to this problem? There must be something that the 2019 version is doing that Windows no longer accepts.

Regards

satdja

Post by satdja » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 am

I am not sure why this would be required for a previously installed and working version of FlexiPDF 2019 but I decided to install 'vc_redist.x86.exe' as mentioned in the second post which I thought would be for new installs that did not work:

"Please try to install https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe"

Following a reboot I was able to open and work with FlexiPDF 2019 again.

I would be interested to understand what had changed to require the install of 'vc_redist.x86.exe as FlexiPDF 2019 had been working and the only change was to Window 10 moving to Version 20H2.

Regards

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Don't know... I've just updated a Windows 10 v2004 to v20H2 and had no issues with FlexiPDF.
Also, the visual c++ version was untouched by the update.
Maybe another software you installed in the meanwhile changed the C++ version... Anyway, I'm glad to know the problem is fixed for you guys.

VGER

Post by VGER » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi,

I just Retried all the steps one more time, this time after click finish on the install software, it closes right away. Although still not opening, checking the task manager shows it as a background process (with a 32-bit badge beside) and does nothing (I waited about 15min to open and nothing). I really have no idea what is happening, I'm also using W10 20H2.

Any new help will be appreciated, thanks.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Please try this then:
1. Install all Windows Updates.
2. Restart Windows and check if the problem is gone.
3. If not, uninstall FlexiPDF.
4. Restart.
5. Install Ccleaner: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
7. Run a custom clean in Ccleaner
8. Also run a registry clean in Ccleaner
9. Install FlexiPDF from here: https://www.softmaker.net/down/flexipdf2019.exe
10. Restart and check if the problem is gone.
11. If not, install this: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
12. Restart and check if the problem is gone.

VGER

Post by VGER » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:34 am

Hi,

Followed all the steps again (even tried 2 times), still not opening, I have no idea why it is not working at all....

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:27 pm

We have no reports of users with the same problem and we're not able to reproduce the issue.
Maybe your Windows has some unknown problem.
I'm pretty sure it would work perfectly if you reset Windows it will work. However, that would delete your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC.
More info here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c1fbceb8dd

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”