How do I set a default font, font size and font colour?

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
ecbritz

How do I set a default font, font size and font colour?

Post by ecbritz » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:28 pm

When I start filling and editing certain pdf forms, the font settings automatically selected by FlexiPDF are Ab Arial-Bold, 10pt, and Light Grey Colour.
These settings never match the fonts on the form or other pdf I am trying to edit. So I try to select other, more suitable font settings. Ab Calibri, 12pt, Black Colour are my preferred font settings.
No luck though. The settings Ab Arial-BoldMT, 10pt, Light Grey Colour return automatically, frustratingly, even when I change only the colour. I simply can't make my preferred font, font size and font colour "stick".
Perhaps I am not handling the Colour settings correctly. I attach a picture showing what I do to select black as my font colour ... only to see it return to light grey automatically, as soon as I start editing.
How do I set my default font settings? And how do I choose other font settings, for part of a pdf document, without being forced back to my own default settings automatically? (Assuming that I am able to select my own default font and colour settings.)
Attachments
Choose Black Font Colour.jpg
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Re: How do I set a default font, font size and font colour?

Post by ecbritz » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:20 am

It is possible that the pdf document being edited was corrupted in some way. Or it could be overworked, too complex in terms of the text boxes added. I suppose this could have caused difficulties with selecting fonts and font attributes. I would nevertheless appreciate some guidance in response to my question very much.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm

For the Text tool, FlexiPDF remembers the last font and details used per document, for example in a document you added a text and changed its font/size/color then when you will add the next text, FlexiPDF will apply last changes in the new text. The same is when you will open the same document again to edit. But when you will create a new document, you will have to change the font again which is one time process for a document.

Thanks

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I find that when I try to change an existing, standard pdf form -- for instance add or remove columns meant to be filled in, or create a sidebar -- the font, font size and/or font colour seem to be influenced by the settings of the original ("existing", standard) pdf form. It's as if the original settings resist the new settinga attempted. Perhaps "practise makes perfect" is key. I.e. don't expect the flexiPDF user manual to solve all problems experienced by a newby. Rather be lead by your experience of working with the program.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”