Outline mode

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Mac. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
captainping

Outline mode

Post by captainping » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi,

I'm just starting with FreeOffice. I'm looking to replace Microsoft Word. One of the features I use all the time is its Outline View mode, so the first thing I did with TextMaker is open one of my outline documents. I found that TextMakerFree opened the document in outline mode, which is great, but I couldn't see how to switch it to normal mode for formatting. Eventually, I selected "Standard" in the View Menu and was able to do this, but now I can't return to Outline mode.

How do I return to Outline mode?

I'm fearing that Outline mode is only available in the non-free version of TextMaker. If so, it's rather hacky for the free version to open a document in a state that is impossible to return to. I would suggest at the very least displaying an alert saying that documents can't be opened in Outline mode in the free version.

And FYI, If my evaluation of the app goes well, I would be happy to buy the non-free version, but NOT as a subscription! The reason I'm leaving Microsoft and Adobe software is that they now insist on subscription pricing. I want to just pay good money for a lifetime license.

Thanks,
Christopher

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Outline mode

Post by SuperTech » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Yes, you are right as Outline mode is available in SoftMaker Office 2021 which is a commercial(non-free) version, and we have both the options of one-time payment and subscriptions.

Please check the comparison between different editions here.

You can purchase your copy of SoftMaker Office 2021 from our online shop from here.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Mac (General)”