Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Mac. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
strangenoises

Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

Post by strangenoises » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 pm

TextMaker crashes when the system switches between Light and Dark mode. Reliably, and regardless of whether the switch happens manually or automatically. It happens a few seconds after the switch.

Do you guys get the developer crash reports that I've been filling out that get submitted to Apple? If not, here's a couple (attached), observed on a brand-new just-set-up iMac. I had been seeing this for a while on a Macbook Air as well, but incorrectly ascribing it to a sleep/wake issue, possibly related to being docked using Thunderbolt. This time things are simpler; the machine was awake, I was using the app, and at sunset the desktop went dark, and a few seconds later, TextMaker crashed.

Oh great, now I can't reproduce it. I thought I had it reproducing reliably. Then I thought, I really ought to try the PlanMaker and Presentations apps too, and they didn't show it, and now apparently neither does TextMaker. I bet it shows up again though some time!

Anyway the two crashes I did experience, which did happen seconds after a light/dark switch, are attached. It's a segv so it definitely wants fixing. In a Zipfile as the forum doesn't let me upload bare .crash files.
Attachments
crash-reports.zip
two macos .crash files.
(52.11 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

strangenoises

Re: Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

Post by strangenoises » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:57 pm

and typically it happened again right after posting the above, and setting my general preference back to auto switch light/dark. I'm sure they're all the same but have another .crash file :D
Attachments
textmaker_2020-01-03-165448_celestia.crash.zip
(25.94 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Could you please also go to "? | About | Write system information" and send me the sminfo.txt it generates?

strangenoises

Post by strangenoises » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

As attached.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(412.03 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:45 pm

I reported the issue to the developers, Thanks.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Mac (General)”