Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

strangenoises

Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

Post by strangenoises » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 pm

TextMaker crashes when the system switches between Light and Dark mode. Reliably, and regardless of whether the switch happens manually or automatically. It happens a few seconds after the switch.

Do you guys get the developer crash reports that I've been filling out that get submitted to Apple? If not, here's a couple (attached), observed on a brand-new just-set-up iMac. I had been seeing this for a while on a Macbook Air as well, but incorrectly ascribing it to a sleep/wake issue, possibly related to being docked using Thunderbolt. This time things are simpler; the machine was awake, I was using the app, and at sunset the desktop went dark, and a few seconds later, TextMaker crashed.

Oh great, now I can't reproduce it. I thought I had it reproducing reliably. Then I thought, I really ought to try the PlanMaker and Presentations apps too, and they didn't show it, and now apparently neither does TextMaker. I bet it shows up again though some time!

Anyway the two crashes I did experience, which did happen seconds after a light/dark switch, are attached. It's a segv so it definitely wants fixing. In a Zipfile as the forum doesn't let me upload bare .crash files.
Attachments
crash-reports.zip
two macos .crash files.
(52.11 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

strangenoises

Re: Crash when Mac switches between Light and Dark modes

Post by strangenoises » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:57 pm

and typically it happened again right after posting the above, and setting my general preference back to auto switch light/dark. I'm sure they're all the same but have another .crash file :D
Attachments
textmaker_2020-01-03-165448_celestia.crash.zip
(25.94 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Could you please also go to "? | About | Write system information" and send me the sminfo.txt it generates?

strangenoises

Post by strangenoises » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

As attached.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(412.03 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:45 pm

I reported the issue to the developers, Thanks.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Mac (General)”