SUMIF doesn't work with linked workbooks? (Excel v PlanMaker)

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice PlanMaker 2018 for Linux

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

taxedserf

SUMIF doesn't work with linked workbooks? (Excel v PlanMaker)

Post by taxedserf » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm currently doing a project to migrate from Windows to Linux. Specifically, Linux Mint. And I want to see whether it is possible to eliminate Windows and Microsoft from my life altogether. The project's blog site is here.

Linux Mint is bundled with LibreOffice. Unfortunately, on testing, LibreOffice Calc failed to meet the objective functional requirements of 10-years worth of Excel data. In particular, LibreOffice Calc was unable to use linked workbooks in the SUMIF function. This turned into a support call to LibreOffice, which (as at today), has been seen 50 times, no useful answers and not even a whiff of recognition that this is an issue.

I asked (actually, more of a general whinge) the Linux Mint community for suggestions. They had lots suggestions to try, but no proven solutions.

One such suggestion was FreeOffice PlanMaker. I have now tested FreeOffice PlanMaker. Unfortunately, I have found the same bug in PlanMaker as I did in LibreOffice Calc. This halts the project. If Excel is the only spreadsheet app in the world that can link workbooks in SUMIF, then I might as well remain a Windows user.

The testing documentation - method, screenshots, data, etc - for PlanMaker is available for download.

When would PlanMaker developers be likely to re-test the issue and fix it?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SUMIF doesn't work with linked workbooks? (Excel v PlanMaker)

Post by sven-l » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm

You linked to the whole Google Drive account. Which one of the files is the correct sample file?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

taxedserf

Post by taxedserf » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Sven

Please start with the one file "documentation Excel v PlanMaker linked books named ranges test". This describes the user objectives, the test methods and maps to the test-data files, in context.

You could alternatively download the whole folder in one archive (two formats provided).

If you have any queries, please ask.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 am

Ok, thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”