right-to-left language(persian) works correctly , but not "numbers" !

Questions and answers about FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Linux
dariush

right-to-left language(persian) works correctly , but not "numbers" !

Post by dariush » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi,
I am using Linux Debian 10, I used to use FreeOffice TextMaker with two typing languages English and Persian. I did not have any problem with the app until I upgraded to recent version of TextMaker. There is no problem with English text making. However in Persian text making the followings are the problems I face:
1- Persian language is categorized as Right-to-Left language except for the numbers which are written Left-to-Right. There is no problem with Persian text until I type numbers, numbers are also typed Right-to-Left! for example in a Persian text if I mean to type a number say "1354" ( one-three-five-four) in TextMaker it is typed "4531" when I finish typing the number inside a Persian text.
2- When I open a file with Persian text there is no default font and if the original font is not available in TextMaker nothing will show. means that I have to select all invisible text and then choose a Persian font which is included.
the first problem is such that I can not use TextMaker anymore. any help is appreciated!
<please view the attached files which are basically a test text file typed with freetextmaker. I exported the same file to pdf using text maker and opened the same text file and made another pdf using libreoffice, surprisingly when file is opened in libreoffice numbers are correct. please note the extra explanation in the file concerning my experiment with earlier versions of text maker in opensuse >
Thank you
Attachments
test pdfed libreoffice.pdf
test textmaker text opend and pdfed in libreoffice
(28.33 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
test typed text for reporting.pdf
test textmaker file viewed and pdfed in freetextmaker
(121.63 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
test typed text for reporting.docx
text typed in freetext maker
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by dariush on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: right-to-left language(persian) works correctly , but not "numbers" !

Post by SuperTech » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:00 am

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=321&t=20756

dariush

Re: right-to-left language(persian) works correctly , but not "numbers" !

Post by dariush » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 am

Dear Madam or Sir,
Please see the original message which is edited with files being attached to that, also with some extra explanations.
Regards,

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Linux”