"Could not connect to server......."

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
jveen

"Could not connect to server......."

Post by jveen » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 am

Hi Guys, I have FreeOffice 2018 Linux(rev 971.0912) on several of my computers and love it. However, when I installed the same version(fresh download) on a friend's laptop, it installed ok, but when I tried to get the product key after entering his email address, an error appears: "Could not connect to server. Please check your internet connection and click Retry".
His Linux version is a new installation and is the same as mine(Linux Mint 19.2 xfce 64 bit), and his internet connection is fine. Even turning off the firewall made no difference.
I was wanting to have the product key sent to his email so that he could then forward it on to me to enter for registration, as he lives overseas and I have the laptop here. Alternatively, if you could sent it to my address I could just enter it.
This has been rather frustrating, can you please help us.
Regards,
jveen

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Could not connect to server......."

Post by miguel-c » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi, Please email his email address to forum(at)softmaker.de so I can see what's going on with his license.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Could not connect to server......."

Post by miguel-c » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi, unfortunately, I couldn't find any license issued to his e-mail address :(

Return to “FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”