FreeOffice 2018 Doesn't Start in Linux Mint

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mhacthoun

FreeOffice 2018 Doesn't Start in Linux Mint

Post by mhacthoun » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Good Day, Softmaker Team! I installed FreeOffice 2018 in Windows 10 and it worked just fine; however, I installed the Linux version in Linux Mint 19.1, it apparently installed fine, but it just doesn't start neither from clicking on menu icon nor from opening an office document from file manager. And it would not even install in KDE Neon, the installer was rejected by the system. ¿Any suggestion?n :? :?

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: FreeOffice 2018 Doesn't Start in Linux Mint

Post by miguel-c » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:04 am

Hi, I was able to run SoftMaker Office on a Virtual Machine of a freshly installed version of Linux Mint 19.1
I went to FreeOffice.com and downloaded the 64bit .deb package and when the download finished I executed the installer to start the installation. At the end I went to the linux menu and searched for TextMaker and ran it with success.
Mint.PNG

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: FreeOffice 2018 Doesn't Start in Linux Mint

Post by martin-k » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:05 am

Post more details:

1. Mint: Run TextMaker with -debug: textmaker -debug

This creates the log file tmlog.txt in your home folder which protocols the launch process. Send this file to forum (at) softmaker.de referencing this thread.

2. KDE Neon: What error message does the system give you?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”