Cannot enter product key

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kellydavid

Cannot enter product key

Post by kellydavid » Mon May 21, 2018 3:04 am

Hi,
I download the Debian (.deb) version of FreeOffice 2018 for Linux and installed it on Ubuntu 18.04 that is running in a Virtualbox (5.2.12) virtual machine on my Mac (which is running High Sierra, 10.13.4). Ubuntu has been running fine in the Virtualbox VM. When I start any of the 3 Freeoffice apps, it displays a large window with a white background and a request for me to enter my product key. I click on "Unlock Softmaker Freeoffice 2018 (product key required)" and I see a new small window asking me to enter my product key. However, when I click in the entry box and start typing, nothing appears - it does not see my typing. (However, if I start any other app, the started app sees my typing and works fine.) If I drag the large background window away from behind the smaller window that requires me to enter my product key, and then also drag the smaller window away, I see an upside-down copy of the smaller window that requests me to enter my product key. (i.e. there are 3 windows visible, the large background window which I've moved aside, the smaller "please enter the product key" window that I've also moved elsewhere on the screen, and the upside-down text in the second "please enter the product key" window.
The basic problem is that I can't enter the product key.
Can anyone please suggest what the problem might be?
Thanks for any/all help...
Freeoffice2018problem.jpg
Image showing 3 problem windows

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cannot enter product key

Post by sven-l » Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 am

It seems there is a problem with OpenGL on your virtual machine. Please try to update your video driver.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

3th05

Post by 3th05 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 am

I just wanted to add that I'm getting the same behavior from Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on a bare metal x131e Lenovo Intel i3 8gb RAM laptop. I uninstalled it, but if I could help with further testing I would be happy to reinstall it. I won't keep it installed, b/c w/o the key entered the software is useless. I'll stick to libre-office for now.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm

3th05 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 am
I just wanted to add that I'm getting the same behavior from Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on a bare metal x131e Lenovo Intel i3 8gb RAM laptop. I uninstalled it, but if I could help with further testing I would be happy to reinstall it. I won't keep it installed, b/c w/o the key entered the software is useless. I'll stick to libre-office for now.
We installed Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on a notebook with Intel graphics but could not reproduce that issue here. Is there anyone else with this issue?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”