Suggestion about default font

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

NX-01

Suggestion about default font

Post by NX-01 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi. I just got the 2018 free version. I gotta say it's a lot easier program to work with than LibreOffice, so I'm staying with FO2018. However, I'd like to suggest something:
a) make an option where we can manually select the default font to be used for all of our documents, so that when we open the program, we won't have to choose fonts every time
OR
b) make the program remember the font we used the last time.

P.S. I also have a question: how can I disable the side bar welcoming screen? I can hide it temporarily but when I open the program again, it returns.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Suggestion about default font

Post by sven-l » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

We are working on the issue that the sidebar appears on every start. This should work better with future updates. I will refer your suggestions to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Suggestion about default font

Post by Jossi » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm

NX-01 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:17 pm
I'd like to suggest something:
a) make an option where we can manually select the default font to be used for all of our documents, so that when we open the program, we won't have to choose fonts every time
OR
b) make the program remember the font we used the last time.
To change the default font permanently, you have to edit your standard document template. The procedure is described here.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”