Horrible Performance

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
mauriciomunuera

Horrible Performance

Post by mauriciomunuera » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:07 pm

I've been using Free Office for about a month and enjoying very much... until I had to open bigger files.
I'm considering the purchase of the 2021 version, but I have a question: does the paid version use multiple cores of my CPU?

Both PlanMaker and TextMaker show horrible performance when I open big files (I mean a 1.9Mb spreadsheet! #-o )
I can see in my activity monitor that the office suite only uses one core of my processor. That's why it gets sluggish.
This happens in both my machines (windows desktop and linux laptop).

I would only buy the 2021 version if it uses multiple cores, otherwise the whole thing becomes completely useless to me.
Does anyone know how the paid version handle multiple cores?

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Horrible Performance

Post by SuperTech » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution. Please also let us know in which specific action you think it's slow. You can download and install trial version of SoftMaker Office 2021 which is free for trial time.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=320&t=21017

Return to “FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”