Offline use impossible / Linux / Constant prompting for product key, to register

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

DannyQuah

Offline use impossible / Linux / Constant prompting for product key, to register

Post by DannyQuah » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:31 am

I run Debian Linux in a Crostini container on a Google Pixelbook i5, and have been using SoftMaker Freemaker Office 2018. My SoftMaker license page shows I have entered my product key for that (as well as a Windows version, but it is only the Linux version this query concerns). Everything has worked great, but I realise now that this has been online use all along.

When I go offline, for instance on a long flight, none of my Freemaker Office products --- TextMaker, PlanMaker, Presentations --- will open. They all ask me again to register, but of course when I type in the product key, they discover that I’m offline, and so shut me out. When I land and go online again, everything works as before, and there is no further request for a product key in any case.

I know there is an old 2011 thread “Constant Prompt to Register When Offline” that discusses a 24-digit code, but I never received that, and I don’t know if the registration process has changed in any case.

What should I do to register properly so I can use Freemaker Office offline? This is an awesome piece of software otherwise.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Danny

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Offline use impossible / Linux / Constant prompting for product key, to register

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 am

This should only happen in very rare cases. I will write you a PM.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”