Product key?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JebiSe

Product key?

Post by JebiSe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm

I registered here following hour of frustration with your "free" software on linux.

I visited here:
https://www.freeoffice.com/en/download

Entered name, email, country, and pressed enter to submit form (no submit button, really??). And I've got .msi file to download? What? OK, canceled that, gone to right side, clicked to download linux version manually, did that, installed "fine". But won't run without key?!

Checked my e-mail. Great, key is there. Entered it, but no. It says, wrong key. How the f? It turns out, it is for windows. Repeated process three times. Every time got e-mail with windows key. Beautiful work SoftMaker!

If your product is the same quality as obtaining key mechanism, well thank you but no thanks.

Not been able to find a way to obtain linux key. So, only thing to do is to uninstall and try never again.

And wait, why the f I need KEY for something that is advertised to be FREE version? Oh I know why! I just registered my e-mail to your spamlist. Thank you for that. Fortunatelly, I used temp mail provider instead of my real address.

And NO; I will NOT contact your sales department to obtain key. Forget. I wrote this post just to relieve my frustration. I will not accept any help, and won't get back. I guess you will delete this post.

Before you do that, check some good translator what my username says to you.
Bye

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Product key?

Post by martin-k » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Sorry, but you did everything wrong that was possible to do wrong:

1. The download form: You enter your data on the left, then press one of the blue buttons on the right to request a key for Windows or for Linux. When you just pressed Enter, the first button was triggered, and that's the one for Windows.

2. You received product keys for Windows, but then you tried to install the Linux version. That won't work, the keys are different. Request a Linux download and key, and it will work.

3. Now, as I can see from our database, you never requested a key for Linux. This begs the question: where did you get the Linux download for FreeOffice from? Did you go to our www.softmaker.com web site and download the full SoftMaker Office for Linux? This won't work either. You can't activate the paid version with a key for the free version.

Request a key for FreeOffice for Linux, and you will have everything ready.

4. Incidentally, you are asking for support FreeOffice 2018, but you are posting in the forum for SoftMaker Office 2016. I am moving the thread to the correct place.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kjb@post8.tele.dk

Post by kjb@post8.tele.dk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 am

I have just registered and downloaded and installed freeoffice for windows. Got the message that the product key was sent to my mail address - but I have not received anything. Tried again - same problem. Maybe I shall just use another office package. KJB

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:07 am

kjb@post8.tele.dk wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 am
I have just registered and downloaded and installed freeoffice for windows. Got the message that the product key was sent to my mail address - but I have not received anything. Tried again - same problem. Maybe I shall just use another office package. KJB
Please check your spam folder if you cannot find the e-mail. I will send you your license key via PM.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”