Unable to get a product key

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Ceel

Unable to get a product key

Post by Ceel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Hello,

I've downloaded freeoffice 2018 (rev 934, 32bits) and installed it. All went well till I have to enter my product key:
  • I never receive the product key after I downloaded the .tgz file (and it is not in spams; I've already meat this issue with freeoffice 2016 but I gave up because my free office 2012 worked well; and same when I download FlexyPdf basic, no product key :( )
  • If I tryed to use my old key, I get the message "This product key is for an old version, please insert a product key for this version"...
  • When I clicked on "Product key lost or invalid?" I get the message "Cannot start the web browser."... but my web browser, Pale Moon, works like a charm (and I did a try with QtWeb too).
How can I receive a new product key?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, there is a little error @ https://www.freeoffice.com/en/tips-and-tricks-linux; in the Installation on other systems section:
If you use a 32-bit Linux system:
tar xvzf softmaker-freeoffice-2018-934-i386.tgz
The right name of the .tgz file is softmaker-freeoffice-934-i386.tgz; same error for 64bit system.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unable to get a product key

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:09 pm

I sent you another product key to the e-mail address you used to register your forum account.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Ceel

Re: Unable to get a product key

Post by Ceel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot!

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Linux (General)”