PPTX-file can't be opened in MS PowerPoint

HD4926097

PPTX-file can't be opened in MS PowerPoint

Post by HD4926097 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:57 pm

I use FreeOffice 2018 (rev F976.0314) 32bit on Windows 10

After few days of working in "FreeOffice Presentations 2018 for Windows" the PPTX-file it stopped opening in Microsoft PowerPoint with error "Incorrect format". Also I tried open it in google-docs but it shows error "Corrupted file".

It still can be open and save in FreeOffice2018.

After several tests, I found that the "Save As..." command helps recover the file. And it begins to open in other editors.

Can you explain why this happens?

P.S.: I attached examples corrupted-file and recovered after "SaveAs"
P.P.S.: Also I tried unpack pptx as zip-file (in 7-zip) - after PowerPoint it unpacked correctly, but after FreeOffice it shows "Warnings: Headers error" but files still unpacking
Attachments
NormalFileAfterSaveAs.pptx
(110.49 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
CorruptedFile.pptx
(110.93 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PPTX-file can't be opened in MS PowerPoint

Post by SuperTech » Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 am

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to open and edit the attached CorruptedFile.pptx file in Google Slides as that's the Google version for SoftMaker Presentations. Please check again.

I checked it with MS-Powerpoint, was able to reproduce the issue and forwarded the details to our development team.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PPTX-file can't be opened in MS PowerPoint

Post by SuperTech » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 pm

We analyzed this file and found that it is actually *.prdx file which was renamed as *.pptx which actually change the file format but only display name. That's why you are unable to open it in PowerPoint.

Please open it in Presentations and click on ribbon command File | Save as > Select *.pptx in save as type dropbox below and save this file. Then you will able to open it in PowerPoint and will not face this problem again.

Thanks

Return to “FreeOffice Presentations 2018 for Windows”