[Resolved]Inserting rows and columns

Questions and answers about FreeOffice PlanMaker 2018 for Windows
DenisC

[Resolved]Inserting rows and columns

Post by DenisC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:12 am

Hello
Could someone please tell me where the "Insert a row" and "Insert a column" buttons are and how to place them in the toolbar ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Last edited by DenisC on Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Inserting rows and columns

Post by miguel-c » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Home | Cells | Insert |Insert complete rows (or columns)
OR
Right click a column or line and Insert Cells.

DenisC

Post by DenisC » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Is it possible to insert these options in the toolbar to make it more convenient ?

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:53 pm

Those options are already in the ribbon of icons, where I told you...
However, SoftMaker Office 2018 (the paid version), allows you to customize the ribbon to your taste.

DenisC

Post by DenisC » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Okay, thanks for the info.
However, if I use the CTRL + - key combination to delete cells, the key combination to insert cells I can't reproduce it because I don't understand the character following the CTRL +

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm

If you press CTRL and PLUS at the same time you'll be able to insert cells, rows or columns.
CTRL and Minus does the opposite (deletes them)

DenisC

Post by DenisC » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Thank you very much super nice.

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm

miguel-c wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:07 pm
Home | Cells | Insert |Insert complete rows (or columns)
OR
Right click a column or line and Insert Cells.
It is illogical to hide the command to insert ROWS under a menu selection for "Cells."

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: [Resolved]Inserting rows and columns

Post by Jossi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm

This command cannot only insert complete rows but also parts of rows. That's why it's called "Insert cells" and not "Insert rows". What you want is an additional command for complete rows only. Personally, I don't think much of having duplicate commands for the same action at different places.

Woody44

Re: [Resolved]Inserting rows and columns

Post by Woody44 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Jossi wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm
This command cannot only insert complete rows but also parts of rows. That's why it's called "Insert cells" and not "Insert rows". What you want is an additional command for complete rows only. Personally, I don't think much of having duplicate commands for the same action at different places.
I only just saw this response.

I also don't think much of having duplicate commands. However, I DO think highly of having commands that make sense, especially when your product is trying to compete against an established product that owns a huge percentage of the marketplace. In this case, of course, I am referring to Microsoft Office and Excel.

SoftMaker Officer claims "seamless" compatibility with Microsoft Office. I have been working with spreadsheets for probably 40 years (maybe a bit more), beginning with Lotus 1-2-3 for DOS, then Quattro Pro for DOS, then Quattro Pro for Windows,m and now Excel. Inn all that time, on all those platforms, I have never encountered a need or wish to insert a few cells as part of a row or column, and I don't know iof any way to do it in Excel (or Quattro Pro, or Lotus). I have never seen or heard anyone else mention doing that, or wanting to do that.

The commend in Excel is found in the "Insert" menu choice (classic menus). When you click on "Insert" Which, obviously, is what I want to do), I can then choose to insert cells, rows, or columns. It's simple, intuitive ... and what I think users expect.

PlanMaker's classic menu also has an option for "Insert." But that menu doesn't allow me to insert cells, rows, or columns. Instead, your commend to insert cells (and rows and columns) is hidden under the "Worksheet" option. And, once I open that drop-down, I still don't see a one-click option to insert a row or a column. Instead, I have to click on "Insert cells," and from that pop-up window I can then select to insert a complete row or column.

It's very clunky, counter-intuitive, and it makes it difficult for people to migrate from Microsoft Office to SoftMaker's PlanMaker.

In Libre Office Calc, the command is also not found under the "Insert" menu, it's under "Sheets." But, once I open that menu, there is a first-tier option to "Insert Rows" and to "Insert Columns."

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”