No font substitution

Woody44

No font substitution

Post by Woody44 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:34 am

I recently opened an old letterhead template file in TextMaker and saw that my complete return address block at the top of page 1 was missing. It was blank.

I opened the file in Microsoft Word and the address block was there, but it displayed in the Courier New font. Apparently I must have uninstalled whatever font I used for the letterhead at the time I created it. I changed the font for the address block to Garamond in Word and saved it. Then when I opened the file in TextMaker the address block showed up -- I have Garamond installed on all my computers.

I think TextMaker should automatically substitute some default font if a document uses a font that is not installed on the system in which the file is opened. At least then the user can read the text, even though the formatting may be affected. I thought all office software did automatic font substitutions.
Last edited by Woody44 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: No font substitution

Post by SuperTech » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 pm

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution. There may be another problem in your file as TextMaker shows the text of missing font also.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=317&t=21145

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 am

I have e-mailed both the original file and the new, updated file.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Thanks for sharing the files. I have opened the old file in FreeOffice TextMaker without any problem, and it's looking the same in MS-Word also. I have emailed you with the attachment of screenshot, please check.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Thanks for confirmation on the email that the font, Bookman Old Style- regular, installed on your computer was corrupted and reinstalling that resolved your problem.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”