Help with settings

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Fw190

Help with settings

Post by Fw190 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 am

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me make some textmaker settings permanent.
I find it does not save my paper size or margin settings.
I would also like to disable hyphenation for all documents by default and set a different page view.
I have seen editing the normal.tmvx file mentioned but when I open it in textmaker from the file-open menu I just get a blank page.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Help with settings

Post by martin-k » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:10 pm

To make these changes, you need to open the Normal.tmvx file with File > Open and not File > New. The latter only creates a new empty document based on the Normal.tmvx template.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Fw190

Post by Fw190 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm not sure I understand that, I had tried 'file-open' and navigate to 'normal.tmvx' and just get a blank page when it opens. Also, when I navigate to normal.tmvx or normal A4.tmvx and click on them the preview panel just shows a blank page as well.
I am using the USB freeoffice version, does that make any difference to how normal.tmvx is opened?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes, Normal.tmvx is blank. But you can still change page sizes, orientation, paragraph styles, hyphenation etc. in it. When done, save & close, and base future documents on it.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Fw190

Post by Fw190 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks, it took me a while to figure out that I was just supposed to make the settings I wanted via normal options while normal.tmvx was open, I had been thinking at first that I had to edit normal.tmvx.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”