Any way to change AutoShape defaults?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

wbrells

Any way to change AutoShape defaults?

Post by wbrells » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Every time I insert an AutoShape item I have to change the line color & thickness along with the fill or transparency settings. To save having to do this all the time I'm wondering if there is any way to change the default setting for AutoShape items? I tried updating the Normal.tmvx template file, but that did not seem to change the defaults. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Any way to change AutoShape defaults?

Post by sven-l » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm

In the properties of the Autoshapes (double click on them) you can find a button "Standard". Just make sure that your desired properties are enabled.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

wbrells

Post by wbrells » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Sven,

I'm afraid I can't find find the properties of the Autoshapes to double click. If I bring insert a specific Autoshape I can right-click on that item and select Properties and then change line thickness, color etc. If I then click on Default... (on the Object Properties window) those settings "stick" while the document remains open, but once I save & close that document the defaults go back to their original settings...

I was hoping there was some way to set the Autoshape defaults in a more permanent way.

Wayne

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

It seems the default settings get lost when you save in tmdx or docx file format. You have to use tmd format if you want to keep the settings. I will open a bug report for the developers to check this issue.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm

The issue has been solved but it will take a while until we can implement it in one of the future updates.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

wbrells

Post by wbrells » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Sven - Many thanks for checking into this problem! I'm looking forward to the 'fix' in a future release. (I'm now using TextMaker 2018 in the commercial version of the product, but I assume that release will be patched at the same time.) - Wayne

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”