Envelopes

TLD110166

Envelopes

Post by TLD110166 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 am

What good is having the program on my computer, if I can't use it to address envelopes? Apparently, the envelope feature isn't available with free office, even though it should be! ](*,)

Tammy

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Envelopes

Post by Jossi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Why should it? Please remember that FreeOffice is offered completely for free. There is no obligation to include all features of a program in the free version. If you need the envelope function so badly, you should buy the full version.

TLD110166

Post by TLD110166 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:15 pm

I'm on a fixed income, and can't afford MS Office. I need the envelope feature, since I have to type everything. Writing is physically painful, and nearly impossible for me.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:33 pm

If you cannot address envelopes by hand and if you cannot afford 50 Dollars or Euros to buy SoftMaker Office (we are not talking about Microsoft Office here), you may try to create a table over the whole page with cells the size of convenient self-adhesive labels and address your letters by affixing a label.

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:23 am

SoftMaker Office 2021 Standard Edition sells for a one-time price of $79.95 (U.S. dollars). That's a LOT less than Microsoft Office. SoftMaker Office is a "perpetual" license -- buy it once and use it as long as you want. (Unlike Microsoft Office 365, which they are pushing and which is a subscription -- stop paying, and the software stops working).

Free Office has document (page) sizes already set up for several standard envelopes. If the one you need isn't listed, chose one that's close and make adjustments to where you place your text.

Or, see below:

Another possibility is to create a template or a new, standard blank document, with the page size User Defined. I was easily able to format a custom page size for a United States #10 business envelope with a width of 4.13 inches (104.9mm) and a height of 9.5 inches (241.3mm). Set the margins to define either the location of the "TO" address block, or set them to place a return address in the upper left corner and then set a new paragraph style for the main address block to define its location.

If your printer feeds envelopes from the end, then you would want to set this document to landscape mode.

Save the file either as a document or as a template, "My_Blank_Envelope."

This won't automatically copy your "To" address from the document onto the envelope but you can have the return address pre-entered, so all you have to do is open the envelope template, then copy and paste the recipient's address from the letter to the envelope..

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”