selecting multiple bits of non adjacent text?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

violindave

selecting multiple bits of non adjacent text?

Post by violindave » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 am

I'm used to being able to select multiple bits of text by holding down control , highlighting one bit of text, continue to hold control highlighting another and then copying or whatever I want to do with the highlighted text

Don't seem to be able to do that in free office textmaker.

Is there some other way to do this? Couldn't find it in the help

Thanks

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: selecting multiple bits of non adjacent text?

Post by Jossi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Discontinuous text selection is on the wishlist, but not yet implemented in TextMaker.

violindave

Post by violindave » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Wow, thanks for answer. It's a pretty key tool for me. Any idea when this will be implemented? Is it available in any of the paid versions? Other than this I'm happy with the program and see no reason to go to MSWord, but this one is important, can make a big difference to workflow and time as often need to select multiple pieces of not continuous text and do different things - say copy, or bold, or capitalize and if have to do each one separately it is very time consuming.
Thanks

Zarsokan

Post by Zarsokan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Bumping this.

Thanks for making this thread, I also question why this is not implemented yet. It is very time consuming selecting every word separately and giving it another formatting. Any thoughts on when this will be inplemented and if it will also be available for freeoffice? I am pretty amazed that nobody else has yet come to question the unavailibilty of this feature.

Kind regards.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi, it's on the wish list for our next version of SoftMaker Office. There are still no developments. When it's implemented it will take some time to be in FreeOffice.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”