underline in red and check grammar and spelling errors

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Suono & Computer

underline in red and check grammar and spelling errors

Post by Suono & Computer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:26 am

Good morning,
I'm using the free version of TextMaker, I installed the last update and the Italian language package, from the Hunspell dictionary, but I see that the program does not correct and does not underline (in red) the words I write. I tried to write them incorrectly, but nothing happens. I can not tell if I'm wrong, or there's something wrong with the program .. Thanks.
Suono & Computer channel on YouTube

Suono & Computer

Re: underline in red and check grammar and spelling errors

Post by Suono & Computer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 am

I'm not sure, but I've noticed that by restoring the old user interface, spell checking works, and some words or terms are highlighted in red; this does not happen with the new icon-based user interface ...

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:39 am

I did a little test video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3el07WZ ... e=youtu.be some help? Thank

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 am

it seems that when a copied text is returned, the revision does not work. It works only if you write a new text directly into the page. Have you checked? Thank you.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Please check the following steps in case that the spell checker (F7) does not work properly:

1. Select your text and invoke Format=>Character. Make sure that the language for the selected text is set to "Default". In documents with text in different languages, format each paragraph or word in the language that the text is written in (e.g. select "Italian" for selected Italian text, "Spanish" for Spanish text and so on)

2. Invoke Tools=>Options=>Language and set the default language to "English" or whatever your default language should be. Also make sure that there is a green tick next to every language entry you need. This indicates that the corresponding spell check dictionary is correctly installed. If the green tick is missing for your language, please start the Setup of SoftMaker Office again and perform a complete installation. This will install al dictionaries. You will not lose any settings with that new installation.

3. Make sure that the spell checker is enabled in Tools=>Options=>Language
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Soapm

Post by Soapm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Not to hi jack a tread, but how do you get a list of corrected words? I tap on the word but no list comes up like in word, I'm just wondering if there's a secret to getting a list of suggestions.

Suono & Computer

Post by Suono & Computer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks now it works

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 for Windows”