Changing settings through Group Policy

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
loic.joachim

Changing settings through Group Policy

Post by loic.joachim » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:52 am

Hi all,

I have been trying to deploy configuration for FreeOffice through group policy as per this SoftMaker article: https://www.softmaker.com/en/tips-installation

However it seems that despite the policies being deployed to each users' session (I can see them when I run rsop.msc) the program does not seem to be acknowledging them. I'm thinking that this feature is not part of FreeOffice and only the paid version? I just haven't managed to find any confirmation of this.

Cheers

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Changing settings through Group Policy

Post by martin-k » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:33 am

Group policies are only supported by SoftMaker Office Professional and SoftMaker Office NX Universal. That's why the referenced article is on the SoftMaker website and not the FreeOffice site :-)

If you wish to configure our software for multiple systems, you have to either to do this manually with free FreeOffice or contact our sales team about a quotation for the paid versions that can do this with group policies.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”