Unable to connect to Softmaker server

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
mhacthoun

Unable to connect to Softmaker server

Post by mhacthoun » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:21 am

Hi, Good Day!
I reinstalled FreeOffice in my Windows 10; it opens fine, however it is unable to connect to Softmaker office for the free key. I connect to Internet through proxy, but the whole PC system connects fine to the web; it is set that way. Don't understand why FreeOffice does not.
Thanks for any guidance,
Martin

mhacthoun

Re: Unable to connect to Softmaker server

Post by mhacthoun » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 am

Hi, Softmaker Team,
The same happens with Linux Mint. I reinstalled FreeOffice from repository, however I'm unable to connect to the server when asked to look for free key to open Text Maker. I get this warning: "SSL error. Please, check date/time and your antivirus settings". I have no antivirus software in Linux.
Any guidance. Thanks

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Please try to activate your products now and if you will get this error again please share the screenshots.

Thanks

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi, SuperTech,
Unable to do it yesterday 29/06. Tried again today, same problem, error in connecting to Softmaker server. Besides TextMaker freezes after it notifies of the error. The notification is in Spanish, but you will be able to understand.
Thanks for your help
FreeOffice-ScreenShot.JPG

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 pm

Please ensure that you can browse with Internet Explorer. Windows applications use that browser's internet settings (and not the ones from Chrome or Firefox) to connect to the internet.

Thanks

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks, SuperTech,
I did open Internet Explorer and set to connect to Internet through our setting. Now I can open sites through it, but the issue continues with connecting with SoftMaker server... Sorry to have bothered you... My suggestions is that once person interested in using FreeOffice, the free key should be given right with the download.
Best, Martin

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:06 pm

I am seeing from your IP address that you are connecting from Cuba. I would not rule out that you are running into a government-imposed IP filtering issue that we cannot work around.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:10 pm

I sent you your free product key on your email ID, please check your inbox and spam folder also. Please check your PM as well.

Thanks

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:44 am

Thank you very much SuperTech for sending the free key for my Windows product. Would you, please, help me out also with the key for my Linux product I use in my laptop Linux Mint...
I'm having an issue with the fonts of my Wiindows FreeOffice 2018. I'm unable to set it right; No matter I set for Calibri 14 or Arial nor Times New Roman, everytime the font is the same, with large spaces between letters. I'll send you a screenshot once I'm back to the office on Monday.
Again thank you for your help,
Best,
Martin

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:03 am

What error you are getting while requesting the product key from your Linux SoftMaker Office? Please post the error in the FreeOffice Linux section of our forum as this is for Windows only.

Thanks

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi, SuperTech,
Nice corresponding with you. I'll do as you say about my issue with the Linux version. I'll do it from home as I have run it on my laptop. Now, I mentioned I'm getting an issue with the fonts in my Windows version. Since I uninstalled a Softmaker PDF software I was unable to use in this PC as some system file is missing, I'm getting this font configuration, take a look at the attached screenshot, the separation in between letters is annoying... Hope it's a setting thing I've unable to solve.
In advance thank for any help you can provide...
Martin
Attachments
TextMaker-Capture.JPG

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Most likely, you have set the wrong printer driver. Go to File > Print and choose a real printer driver, not "Generic/Text only".
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do it, and let you know.
Best, Martin

mhacthoun

Post by mhacthoun » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Good Day, MartinK,
I set up the printer to its original driver. Got back to TextMaker and the issue is still there; checked on File - Print, I get three options, my printer (Epson), Fax and Microsoft XPS..., but the font does not go to its normal setting, no matter which font I set it to.
Anyway, thank you very much for your time.
Best, Martin

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:28 am

In this case please check the character spacing which you can adjust by selecting affected text > Right-click > click Character > goto Spacing section of the spacing tab.

Thanks

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”