No license code required?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

wbrells

No license code required?

Post by wbrells » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 pm

I just downloaded and installed a copy of FreeOffice (Anniversary Edition) on a friend's computer. I was surprised that during the installation I was not asked for an email address, and even more surprised that after being installed the FreeOffice programs were activated without requiring me to enter a license code. Has there been a change in the licensing policy for FreeOffice, or was the behavior I noticed some sort of error? Thanks!

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: No license code required?

Post by martin-k » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:12 pm

We have streamlined the process of registering. Instead of requesting the e-mail address upfront, you can install FreeOffice and use it for up to 10 days before registering. Registering is now done inside the software.

We had some feedback on the German forum about this as well and will add an option to register even before the grace period is up - there were users who installed this for not-so-computer-literate users and they wanted to do the whole thing in one step instead of two.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”