Where to find the Product Key field to enter/change it?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

BobbyPhoenix19

Where to find the Product Key field to enter/change it?

Post by BobbyPhoenix19 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 am

I was just prompted to enter a Product Key as it said I had six days left to keep using Office before I can't use it anymore without entering a Product Key, so I entered my email, received the Key, and entered it. All is good now, but where is the place to enter it before you get prompted? Like can you install Office, and immediately enter the key on first run? I looked in all the settings areas from File all the way to the end with Help, but I can't find where you enter the Product Key (or even just view it for that matter). I ask because I would like to install Office 2018 on two other of my computers, but don't want to wait for the prompt. Is there a place to enter it (or view/change if needed) the Product Key? Or must I wait to be prompted to enter it? I'm not the only one who uses the computers, so I would like to enter it before someone else is on the computer, and they get prompted while I'm not around. Especially if Office expires, and they can't keep using it until I get back to enter a Key.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Where to find the Product Key field to enter/change it?

Post by martin-k » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 am

Are you talking about SoftMaker Office or FreeOffice?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

BobbyPhoenix19

Post by BobbyPhoenix19 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Sorry I didn't know there was a difference. I'm talking about FreeOffice 2018. From here: https://www.freeoffice.com/en/ Am I in the wrong forum? It's the only support forum found under Support on the site.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:12 pm

I moved your post to the correct FreeOffice forum.

Currently, you have to wait until the software asks you. I will create a feature request with the developers, yours is a good idea.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

BobbyPhoenix19

Post by BobbyPhoenix19 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Thank you.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”