freeoffice re-download without registering

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Spiros78

freeoffice re-download without registering

Post by Spiros78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:39 am

I've been using this wonderfull software for few years now, but i've been a bit lazy to register here and write my question about this. Now that i did, please tell me, why do i have to re-register every time i only want to download a recent version or just download it again? To me at least, this has no logic, as the download option option should not require registration, especially when i have already done it, and besides, these are two separate procedures, so why make it complex? :?: :?:

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: freeoffice re-download without registering

Post by martin-k » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 am

1. You can keep the same download and copy the installer to multiple computers.
2. When you install FreeOffice, it keeps itself up-to-date automatically. No need to download new revisions.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Spiros78

Post by Spiros78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm

1. Yes i know that very well, but what if need to download a newer version because i want to do a clean install without updating or after OS re-installation?

2.I know how it can be updated auto but i do it on demand... and i go back to 1 !!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:54 pm

1.There is no need to register when you just want to download the SoftMaker Office setup file:
https://www.softmaker.com/en/downloads

Or are you talking about FreeOffice (www.freeoffice.com)? Here you have to register again in order to download the file again. But in that case this thread is in the wrong forum.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Spiros78

Post by Spiros78 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 pm

The title is clear enough that is about freeofice, isn't it? I had not see that the section about it is close to the bottom, so someone who has the means, could move it there, but whoever could, did not even read my messages before the first post approval to delete the 2nd i accidentaly made, would he move the topic to the correct place? I won't stay here torturing a topic, i came to drop an opinion, not to organize a forum.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

I moved this thread into the correct forum.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”