text selected background color

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Philou du 94

text selected background color

Post by Philou du 94 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi,
Please, is it possible to change the background color of a selected text? The default color is not visible enough.
Thank you for helping me [-o<

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: text selected background color

Post by Jossi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Format > Character, tab "Font", change "Background Colour".

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:16 am

I don't think that's the answer Philou is looking for. That changes the background color behind the text in the actual document.

When you select text in order to format it, there is a highlight color that shows you which text has been selected. This is displayed with a subtle color shade -- on my monitor I would say it's a light blue, but I have partial color blindness (red-green weak) so that may not be a correct description. I think the question is whether the user can change the color with which selected text is highlighted.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:34 pm

I'm afraid this is not possible. In SoftMaker FreeOffice, you may only change the User interface as a whole (Tools > Options..., tab "Appearance"). But you may try to change the colour of selected text in Windows settings (Ease of access > High contrast).

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”