License terms for business use

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Konami

License terms for business use

Post by Konami » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi,
I get confused about commercial/business usage of FreeOffice 2018.
- In the main page in your website seems that it's free for companies too. Quote: "SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 is free to use at home and for business" ( https://www.freeoffice.com/en/ ).
- In the EULA, YOU MAY section is wrote: "Install and use one copy of the Software on... 1 (one) computer that belongs to an organization;" ( https://www.freeoffice.com/en/download/applications -> EULA button )
- On your forum i have found many topics with this question: "can i install on all my company pc FreeOffice or not ?"
Your support give to users different replies to this question (i summarize them):
1) "yes you can install on all pcs of your company"
2) "yes but you can install only one pc"
3) "yes, you can install in all pc you wants but need to request a key for every installation"
4) "no, for commecial/company use you need to buy Softmaker Office 2018"

Please can you clarify me if:
1) I can install on all pcs of my company FreeOffice 2018 or i need to buy Softmaker Office 2018 because work usage
2) If reply of 1) is "i can install FreeOffice 2018 freely"; the only thing that i need to do is require a key for every installation with a different email?

Thank you

Kind Regards
Paolo

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: License terms for business use

Post by martin-k » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:11 pm

You can install it on all the PCs of your company, but you need to request individual product keys for each, since each FreeOffice product key is for just one commercially used PC. You can request the keys directly in the software, and you can always use the same e-mail address.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Konami

Re: License terms for business use

Post by Konami » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi Martin,
thank you very much.

Have a nice day
Paolo

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”