Side by Side

Wondering

Side by Side

Post by Wondering »

I used to use SoftMaker Office 2016 Presentations for Windows and was able to view slides side by side in a book like manner and even save presentations to PDFs that also showed side by side pages. I'm now using SoftMaker Office 2018 Presentations for Mac on a MacBook Pro laptop. The Window tab drop down menu shows a Side by Side option, but it's grayed out. Hoping someone will be able to tell me how I'm failing and help me to obtain the ability to view slides in Presentations side by side on my Mac. Thank you.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Side by Side

Post by martin-k »

You need to have at least two documents open for this option to become active.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Wondering

Post by Wondering »

Thank you Martin for your speedy reply. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough and maybe the Side by Side option under the Window tab is not pertinent. In Presentations, when I'm viewing slides in one presentation (file), my intention is to see slide 1 on the left of my display and slide 2 to the right of the display. Presently I'm only able to view one slide at a time. It's been several months since I last used SoftMaker Presentations and I've forgotten how I used to be able to easily achieve side by side viewing of two slides within one project. Hope I'm helping you to help me.
Last edited by Wondering on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You have never been able to view two slides of the same presentation file side by side with Presentations. Your options are:

- Resize the mini-sorter on the left so that the slide previews become larger.
- Make a copy of the open file, and open the copy in a separate window, then choose "Side by side".
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Wondering

Post by Wondering »

Thanks again very much Martin. I guess I need to go back to the MSWindows I once used to obtain a screen shot of that to which I'm referring. I'll post it up here in a day or two when I've done that and hope you might see it then. Thanks again for now.

Return to “Presentations 2018 for Mac”