Insert ellipsis

stefanmaine

Insert ellipsis

Post by stefanmaine »

TextMaker Professioal 2018 on Mac OS 10.15
Is there a way to insert an ellipsis into a TextMaker document being saved as .docx?
In Cambria>Latin-1 Supplement there is Insert>Symbol>00A8 which is sort of an ellipsis, but exactly.

Thank you.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Insert ellipsis

Post by Jossi »

In Unicode, ellipsis has the position U+2026 in the "General punctuation" section.
To insert it into a TextMaker document you may either go via Insert > Symbol... or define a keyboard shortcut in the dialog box there (button "Change.." at the bottom – this shortcut must be a combination with a modifier key like Ctrl, Alt or Cmd) or define a SmartText entry (then the shortcut can be any letter or combination of letters, but without a modifier key).
This is quite independent from the document format you are saving in.
stefanmaine

Re: Insert ellipsis

Post by stefanmaine »

Thank you.
I am on a Mac desktop with OS Catalina
While I was working on your instructions, I noticed that, when I am in an open document in TextMaker, pressing the CTRL key alone on the right side of my Macally keyboard, an ellipsis types, which is perfect. That's just what I wanted.(The CTRL on the left side of the keyboard does not produce an ellipsis. But that's fine.)
As you are undoubtedly aware, Insert>Symbol "shortcut key 2026" displays "CTRL-(and what looks to me like the symbol for the UK pound)". That is evidently the default for a shortcut to 2026.
Anyway, you solved my problem, and I am grateful to you for that.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Mac”