On a Mac OS 10.15 How to open a tmbak

stefanmaine

On a Mac OS 10.15 How to open a tmbak

Post by stefanmaine »

I have Softmaker Office 2018 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

At Preferences>Options>File, Auto Recovery is selected, and it is working, sending copies of documents being worked on to Documents>Softmaker>Backup.

The problem is that when I try to open those backed up documents, there is displayed a notice "There is no application set to open the document ..." The extension on the backup is .tmbak. Please see the attached pix.

I would appreciate any thoughts about how I "set an application to open" TextMaker backups.

Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.13.43 PM.png
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: On a Mac OS 10.15 How to open a tmbak

Post by Jossi »

To open a single backup file it is sufficient to draw the .tmbak file with the mouse upon the TextMaker icon in the dock.
To change options permanently, click "Choose application" in the error box (or right-click the backup file in the finder and choose "Open with..." in the context menu). In the following dialogue box, change "Recommended programs" to "All programs" and choose TextMaker. Check "Always open with" to open all .tmbak files with TextMaker in the future.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

If you still have the latest version of the original document, the preferred way is to open this and then use the Versions command to go back to any of the earlier versions.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
stefanmaine

Post by stefanmaine »

Thank you both for your help.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Mac”