Tracked changes problem

pauld

Tracked changes problem

Post by pauld »

I'm continuing to test SoftMaker Office as I'd like it to replace MS Office. Since my clients use MS Office, I need to be able to interchange documents as seamlessly as possible.

So far, it's working well but I've hit a snag. If I create a document in MS Word and then turn on Track Changes, additions appear in green underlined and deletions appear as strikethrough in red.

If I then save this as a docx file and then open it in TextMaker 2018, all changes are in red. (I even tested this with a document provided by a client and all the text was red, even the unchanged text.)

Is there a way around this?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Tracked changes problem

Post by miguel-c »

You can change the track changes colors under REVIEW | Changes
track changes.PNG
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Let me add this: If you choose "Color: by author", the colors are not stored in the document. Word and TextMaker simply assign the colors in round-robin fashion, and they use different colors only for display.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Also, although TextMaker allows the user to configure the colors, I've just forwarded the issue to the product manager so we try to use the same colors are Word by default.
pauld

Post by pauld »

Brilliant. Thanks, Miguel!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

The developers asked if you could you please send us the file you mentioned at the beginning of this post. Either post it here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

miguel-c wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:34 pm The developers asked if you could you please send us the file you mentioned at the beginning of this post. Either post it here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de

Did you get me message from 30 days ago?

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Mac”