Crash using Cmd C Cmd V to mail

pascalpaulus

Crash using Cmd C Cmd V to mail

Post by pascalpaulus »

Hi,
Using official release (928) on a MacBook Air 11-inch, Early 2014 Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
I'm using the Portuguese version of Softmaker, so I hope English terms I'm referring to are correct.
Had several crashes when copying the content from a comment box I inserted in a text with -doc extension, provided by colleague using windows and ms office, and I was reviewing using TextMaker, to the body of a mail message of the resident Mac ox mail application
Cmd C seems to work normally, when copying to mail with Cmd V, both textmaker and mail did not response. Forcing textmaker to end, mail started responding again.
When copying first the text in the comment to the main document and then copying to the mail message, everything seemed to work normally.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Crash using Cmd C Cmd V to mail

Post by sven-l »

Does the crash happen with every (even a newly created) file? Could you please provide an exact step-by-step instruction that let us reproduce the crash here?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
pascalpaulus

Post by pascalpaulus »

Hi.
Thanks for your additional questions
I did not try with new file or docx files. It only occurred with a doc.file sent to me.

Step for step:
(1)
1. I created a comment in a doc-file produced by a third person, in windows environment (don't know the version).
2. I use cmd-C to copy the content of the comment ("edit" on menu lights blue, so this cmd was registered,
3. I open a new mail in the Mac mail app.
4. I use cmd-V to paste the content of the clipboard.
5. I see the coloured spinning wheel both on textmaker and on mail, but OS is still working.
6. I open (apple - force closing) dialogue box and see that textmaker and mail have the "not response" mention
7. I force to close textmaker. Almost immediately mail is responding - that is, I can continuing to use the app without restarting it.

(2)
1. I created a comment in a doc-file produced by a third person, in windows environment (don't know the version).
2. I use cmd-C to copy the content of the comment ("edit" on menu lights blue, so this cmd was registered,
3. I use cmd-V to paste the content of the clipboard in body of the same textmaker document. It works fine
3. I open a new mail in the Mac mail app
4. I use cmd-C to copy the content I just paste in the body (That is, I replace the content of the clipboard, although with the same content, but now fetched in the body of the .doc text and not in the comment box at the right side of the text)
5. I use cmd-V to paste the content of the clipboard
6. The content of the clipboard is pasted in the mail message without any problem.

I will try what happens with fresh created documents in both scenarios during this week and then contact you again.
Sincerely,
Pascal Paulus
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Ok, thank you! such a bug (crashes when copy and pasting content) has been solved a few days ago. Please try again with the next service pack as soon as it is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
pascalpaulus

Post by pascalpaulus »

Thank you for the given feedback. I'll surely will try out as soon as next service pack is available and keep in touch.
Sincerely,
Pascal Paulus

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Mac”