Insert > Photo album

txt

Insert > Photo album

Post by txt »

If pictures are added via the 'Photo-album' wizard as embedded link ('Save pictures in document' has not been ticked), Presenter will not remember the original path.Next time the presentation is opened it will request to look for the 'missing' file, i.e. 'The external file "..." could not be found or is invalid.'
Note that the pictures are note located in the same directory to where the presentation is stored.
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: Insert > Photo album

Post by Michael Uplawski »

Confirmed.

This malfunction and the obligation to store images in the document defy the whole purpose of the wizard.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I tested it with rev.946.0213 64bit and the Nightly version and the option "Save within document" was set. Which Linux and which desktop (Gnome, KDE, etc.) are you using?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

sven-l wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:01 pm I tested it with rev.946.0213 64bit and the Nightly version and the option "Save within document" was set.
The problem occurs, when the option is NOT SET.
The OP wrote:
If pictures are added via the 'Photo-album' wizard as embedded link ('Save pictures in document' has not been ticked), Presenter will not remember the original path
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
robert-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by robert-l »

We will check what´s the matter.

Return to “Presentations 2018 for Linux”