Audio in Presentations

MRPockets

Audio in Presentations

Post by MRPockets »

Is audio within PPTX/PPT files supported? I'm trying to find a replacement for PowerPoint for a Linux system and it looks like Softmaker Presentations is the best option but I can't seem to get audio files (such as a background song during a timed slideshow) to work.

I found an option to add audio, but even then, I can't seem to get any playback.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Audio in Presentations

Post by sven-l »

Audio is currently only supported under Windows and on the Mac. A sound support for Presentations for Linux is on the wish list.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
leirbag28

Post by leirbag28 »

SoftMaker Office is better being BIG in Linux, than very small or unknown in the Windows and Mac World

there is a saying: Better to be the Head of a Mouse, than the tail of an Elephant

Linux should be your main concern.....and I don't mean to make it Open Source and Free...you deserve to get paid for this amazing Office Suite...but it needs to rival PowerPoint...Sound and Video are basic features.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Thanks, I've reinforced the request for audio in Presentations.
iyuvalk

Post by iyuvalk »

Hi. Is the current status still the same? Is there any workaround that I can use?
iyuvalk

Post by iyuvalk »

Also, if I would create a presentation with an audio file embedded in it and would save it as a PPTX file and play it on a Microsoft Office on Windows, will it play?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, in that case you will be able to play that audio in PowerPoint also.

Return to “Presentations 2018 for Linux”