Checkboxes & Stock Prices

Trendfirst

Checkboxes & Stock Prices

Post by Trendfirst »

I just downloaded Softmaker for Linux and installed on my Ubuntu workstation. I'm hoping to replace LibreCalc, which I have found buggy, crashy, and overall undependable. Tired of losing data, so I'm looking for alternatives.

My first attempt at using PlanMaker was an import of a LibreCalc spreadsheet that contain checkboxes. Lots of them. None of the checkboxes were imported.

I've looked for a way to insert checkboxes, but did not find anything. Help?

Second, is there a way to get live stock quotes in PlanMaker?

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Checkboxes & Stock Prices

Post by SuperTech »

To insert checkboxes in the sheet please click on ribbon command Insert | Object group | Form Object | Checkbox.
HelloMyNamePaul

Post by HelloMyNamePaul »

I too would like to know whether there is any way to import live stock prices into my PlanMaker spreadsheets.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

No, currently this is not possible.
HelloMyNamePaul

Post by HelloMyNamePaul »

Aw. That would be such a great feature. Even if it were just the previous day's closing price, not live live, it would be so helpful. Something to consider for a future update, perhaps?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our product management...
vijaysaxena

Post by vijaysaxena »

re stock prices. Is it possible to link a sheet in Planmaker with Google Sheets. That way, I can make a Google Sheet of stock symbols and prices I am interested in and that be "read into" my Planmaker sheet for investment management?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

vijaysaxena wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:04 am re stock prices. Is it possible to link a sheet in Planmaker with Google Sheets. That way, I can make a Google Sheet of stock symbols and prices I am interested in and that be "read into" my Planmaker sheet for investment management?
I don't think it's possible.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”