Cannot insert Pivot Tables

tlmiller

Cannot insert Pivot Tables

Post by tlmiller »

Whenever I try to insert a pivot table into any spreadsheet, I get an error "At least one field name is missing. Check the top cells in the source range." Doing the same thing on MS Offfice, LibreOffice, OpenOffice, or WPS Office works as expected (new sheet with a pivot table created).

Latest build rev S976.0313 64-bit on Debian or KDE Neon (Ubuntu). Haven't tested on Arch.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cannot insert Pivot Tables

Post by SuperTech »

Please send us your PlanMaker file on which you have this issue. If you would like to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=19628

Thanks
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Sent email w/ attachments.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I tried to follow the standard procedure to insert the pivot table in PlamMaker 2018 Linux and it worked well without any problem. You have to select the range for which you want to create a pivot table e.g. in this case column A to Q. Then Click on Insert > Pivot Table and Insert on the windows which show range selected.

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please check the following animation video where I inserted the pivot table in your file successfully.

Thanks
PM18Pivot.gif
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

You can't just select all cells like in the past? This is a poor change, guess I know I won't be purchasing SoftMaker again!!

Thanks for your assistance, now I know to uninstall SoftMaker and use WPS instead. You saved me several licenses cost every couple years by breaking that functionality!!
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

I don't think anything has changed in this regard. Care to explain what you mean?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

martin-k wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:59 pm I don't think anything has changed in this regard. Care to explain what you mean?
Been a while since I did pivot tables in SoftMaker, but in 2016 I SWEAR I remember you could simply click the upper left to select all (like in WPS, LibreOffice, O365, OnlyOffice, etc do it) then insert > pivot table and it would insert the pivot table. You didn't have to manually select the columns you wanted included, so if you had data going out to column BZ, you just click select all > insert > done. With the corona virus, my whole company is working from home like many others, so I'm using my personal computer to do reports I'd normally be doing in LibreOffice on my work computer. So I'm doing a LOT of pivot tables, having to manually select the columns every time simply isn't something I'm willing to do. EAsier to apt purge xx, apt install yy that supports these things to save time (which of course is literally every other office application I have installed somewhere, OnlyOffice web version, and O365 that my coworker on Windows uses).
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded this issue to our development team.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”