[SOLVED] Error opening sheet with graphics made with PlanMaker LINUX in Windows Excel

PRafael

[SOLVED] Error opening sheet with graphics made with PlanMaker LINUX in Windows Excel

Post by PRafael »

Hi.

I'm working with PlanMaker Linux on a Brasilian Ubuntu based distro with last version and patches of Plan Maker Linux (Office 2018). I made some graphics in it and when I open the file in Windows Excel (version 2013), it gives the following errors (files attached) and wipes out all the graphics.

Please, feel free to ask if this isn't self explained. I'll try later to send a picture with the graphics

Edited: If I save the file as XLS the graphics are preserved and I can open them in Excel.

Regards

Paulo
Attachments
opening file.PNG
after response on opening file.PNG
Matriz de Documentos e sua Importância - TRABALHO.xlsx
(12.8 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Last edited by PRafael on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Error opening sheet with graphics made with PlanMaker LINUX in Windows Excel

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I opened the file you sent us in Excel (Windows) and PlanMaker (Ubuntu) and I didn't receive any warnings.
I also wasn't able to see any charts or drawings... Could you please send us the file with the issues?
Thanks,
PRafael

Re: Error opening sheet with graphics made with PlanMaker LINUX in Windows Excel

Post by PRafael »

Hi miguel-c.

Thank you for your replay. Attached you will find the file.

Regards

Paulo Rafael
Attachments
Matriz de Documentos e sua Importância - TRABALHO.xls
(167.5 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, on my Excel 2019 I get a warning: "You’ll get a warning: The reference is not valid. References for titles, values, sizes, or data labels must be a single cell, row, or column."
However, the graphics are displayed.
PRafael

Post by PRafael »

Thank you miguel-c for your information.

However as stated in the post I'm working with Excel 2013 and not Excel 2019. So, the problem remains...

Because I'm using a paid version, I should ask...what softmaker will do regarding the resolution of this issue?

Regards

Paulo Rafael
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

On the 'Graficos' sheet the third chart, starting at A45, edit the 'certificados' series has the source area ='Resumo Perguntas'!$J$2:$AO$11.
When we changed the reference to ='Resumo Perguntas'!$J$2:$J$11 then Excel doesn't complain about this chart any more.
PRafael

Post by PRafael »

Just to say that you can close and mark solved this thread.
The solution...just enter zeros (0) when you don't have any data on the graphic.

Ragards

Paulo Rafael

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”