Search and Replace window cannot be resized

mjb32803

Search and Replace window cannot be resized

Post by mjb32803 »

Using Softmaker Office 2018
Ubuntu Mate 18.04
Kernel 4.18.16
LG 28 inch 4K display

ISSUE: The "Search and Replace" window cannot be RESIZED and the default size on a 4K display is too small. The number of displayed search results is insufficient and cannot be altered because the window cannot be resized. This implementation is unsatisfactory for my use case. My intent with using PlanMaker, was to avoid having to maintain a Windows VM, where I could run MS Exel. At this point, I find that I cannot efficiently perform my work with PlanMaker, and generally continue using Excel.

USE CASE: I extensively use the "Search and Replace" function in PlanMaker, highlighting one or more columns of data, and then "Search All" for a desired piece of data. When I perform this task, the results from "Search All" often product dozens of results. I need to be able to see all of the text from the cells where the data was found. The "Search and Replace" window cannot be resized to expand the amount of the cell text being displayed. There is no window "slider" that will let me move across the text. The window only shows 4-5 search results at a time.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Search and Replace window cannot be resized

Post by sven-l »

I will report a feature request to make the "Search and Replace" window resizeable.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
mjb32803

Re: Search and Replace window cannot be resized

Post by mjb32803 »

I've had to abandon using PlanMaker for now. The search dialog window is just too small and hard to work with. If you ever get around to implementing, take a look at how LibreOffice implements their Search window. So much easier to use.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”