Cut/Copy/Paste does not copy formatting...

taemx

Cut/Copy/Paste does not copy formatting...

Post by taemx »

As title says. I have cells which are colored with colored text and different fonts. When I ctrl-c and Ctrl-v, absolutely none of the formatting is transfered to the new cells. When I copy blank cells over formatted cells, the formatted cells stay colored, they do not change. Any idea what's going on? This is when I open my Excel documents with soft maker.

EDIT: Could I get an admin to move this to the Linux section? It was my mistake to put this in the Windows section, my apologies.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cut/Copy/Paste does not copy formatting...

Post by sven-l »

I tried to reproduce that issue in openSuse Leap 42.3 64bit but every time I copy/paste via CTRL+C/CTRL+V, the text and cell formattings are properly pasted into the destination cells. So this is not reproducible here. Are you working with some kind of clipboard manager? Does it work better in LibreOffice Calc on the same machine?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
taemx

Post by taemx »

No, I am not. This is stock Linux Mint Cinnamon latest update, with only a couple of programs downloaded such as LibreOffice and SoftMaker.

I don't know if it matters, however the files I'm editing are .xlsx files from Microsoft Office 2010. They are on my Windows 10 partition of a dual boot system. I start up PlanMaker and Open the Windows folder and browse to my desktop and select my file(s). The file(s) load up fine, and all formatting and cell data seems to be working. However, I have the problems I stated in my first post on every file I open when attempting to cut / copy / paste these files. To be honest, I haven't tried creating a new file for testing, but I will tomorrow after work. This should tell me if the problem is with my distro, or specifically with .xlsx files on a W10 partition.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Could you please send us one of those files to forum(at)softmaker.com?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Klaas Vaak

Post by Klaas Vaak »

taemx wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:59 am No, I am not. This is stock Linux Mint Cinnamon latest update, with only a couple of programs downloaded such as LibreOffice and SoftMaker.

I don't know if it matters, however the files I'm editing are .xlsx files from Microsoft Office 2010. They are on my Windows 10 partition of a dual boot system. I start up PlanMaker and Open the Windows folder and browse to my desktop and select my file(s). The file(s) load up fine, and all formatting and cell data seems to be working. However, I have the problems I stated in my first post on every file I open when attempting to cut / copy / paste these files. To be honest, I haven't tried creating a new file for testing, but I will tomorrow after work. This should tell me if the problem is with my distro, or specifically with .xlsx files on a W10 partition.
On the Home tab, section Edit on the left, there is a paint brush, which is meant for copying format. Excel has exactly the same and it works well in Planmaker.
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

Klaas Vaak wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pmOn the Home tab, section Edit on the left, there is a paint brush, which is meant for copying format. Excel has exactly the same and it works well in Planmaker.
Although I do not contribute to a possible “solution”, you should also consider using the “Paste Special“ option. It is by default mapped to the keyboard-shortcut Ctrl+Shift+V (just add shift to the usual paste-command).
sc_paste_special.png
sc_paste_special.png (8.19 KiB) Viewed 20836 times
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Linux”