problem connecting Arabic letters

entelechie

problem connecting Arabic letters

Post by entelechie »

This is a strange problem.
When I'm typing in Arabic, letters do connect and everything works fine, despite some lag.
However, if I make a mistake and erase one or two letters or more in a word, the letters I type do not connect to the previous ones and it's like having two words. This problem does not exist in Libreoffice or in fact in any application I use, even those with no real support for Arabic. What can I do.
I noticed that this topic was dealt with here, but each time I click I get the message "you are not allowed to read this forum", even though I'm registered. So I'm writing my own question. I hope it's clear (those who know Arabic understand me I'm sure).
Thank you for any help!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: problem connecting Arabic letters

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please send us the file in which you have this problem with the screen recording which you can create with any free screen capturing tool for better understanding of the problem.

As you mentioned topic is already there, please share link of that topic also.
entelechie

Post by entelechie »

here you are.
Please note, I cannot post on the other page where the issue is treated because I simply cannot access it.
Screenshot from 2020-12-02 16-45-48.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please send us the TextMaker file as attachment in which you have this problem and the screen recording video which you can create with any free screen capturing tool for better understanding of the problem.

As you mentioned topic is already there, please share link of that topic also.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=20629
entelechie

Post by entelechie »

Thank you for your reply and I hope you can help.
Here is the issue which I'm forbidden to access: https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?t=19744

I'm sending you the file and the video on your email. The video file is apparently too large to attach here, although it's just a few seconds long.

Please note that this happens with ALL files in Arabic, and ONLY on Textmaker. They work perfectly with all other software.

Thank you again.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the details and files. I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation.
entelechie

Post by entelechie »

No answer from developers so far. Please can anyone else help? Has anyone else faced this problem and found a solution?

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”