Any way to remove basic roman font?

swarfendor437

Any way to remove basic roman font?

Post by swarfendor437 »

Hi, I am using Okular to copy and paste text and tables into Text Maker 2018. I have changed the default Template to use Arial which is a requirement of work preparation of Modified Large Print documents for work. When I copy and paste tables, the content of the tables font changes to basic roman and not Arial. Thanks.
Text Maker before Table Added.jpg
Text Maker after copying Table.jpg
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Any way to remove basic roman font?

Post by miguel-c »

Could you please send us the PDF? Either post it here or email to forum(at)softmaker.de (and include this URL)
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Also, please try selecting the pasted table and then CTRL+Space (Format > Standard)
swarfendor437

Post by swarfendor437 »

The Control and space worked. However I would like to know how to remove basic roman completely as I am never going to require it. Thanks.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Format > Standard (CTRL+Space) resets the formatting to the underlying paragraph format that you specified.
The roman is coming from the PDF itself
Or maybe the font from the PDF isn't available on the system, so TextMaker replaces it with roman.
SusanLambethx

Post by SusanLambethx »

I have a similar problem with newly created tables. Every time I create a table I change the font and font size, but no matter how many times I save the document, when I exit the document and reload it the table has reverted to the TNR size 12. Even more strange, if I change the font again after re-opening, it will stay changed.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=19887

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”